Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our "No Good, Very Bad, Day"

I loaded Remi & Duece on Thursday night and hauled them to Lipan for the first time. Duece was mainly there for moral support and to get ridden if I had a chance. I am watching Duece for Justin while he is out of town working. I was rushed to get there anyway because I was on the 7 o'clock page and I left Granbury at 5. I pulled into the facility at about 6:45. I went out and exercised Remi a little bit before we walked up to the arena. There were only 7 girls there, so I decided to take a couple extra exhibitons. Her first exhibition she went in on the wrong lead and threw the whole exhibition off. Poor thing, she didn't know what lead she was in and I didnt help her any. It was our first time there so I should have trotted her in the first time to get used to the scenery (Mistake 1). She was listening really well though and responded. The second exhibition she listened okay, but I was riding like a pansy. I was proud of how she handled her first barrel seeing how it was the first time I actually asked her to run in a little bit. She didn't finish her turns on her second and third though. It was a good practice though because allowed me to see what areas I need to work on. I was frustrated for a while after I left there. I think it was because when I watched one video I realized the people that were filming, laughed. I know I shouldn't let things like that bother me, and hell, at least she filmed. It just gives me more reason to try harder. I had shaken it off by the next day and realized she didn't do as horrible as I thought. I can't expect her to be perfect. Afterall, I am not close to perfect and I know that I am to blame for at least 75% of her actions. I was riding her in a Goosetree Simplicity bit in the videos. I bought a short shank Cervi 3 piece with a dogbone on Friday. I am going to ride her at the house with it this weekend and she how she does. Its really windy here. I am trying to get the house and barn picked up this weekend. My x-roomy left it a mess. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Holly Lane said...

Oh I can totally relate. I always spend way too much time worrying about if I look stupid when I ride:) Dumb huh? But every young horse has bobbles(is that a word?), they will eventually smooth out;)

But your second run looked way better. She looks like you have done a great job! I always try to remind myself as long as each run is better than the last run we are on the right track. Can't wait to see more videos;)