Wednesday, March 25, 2009

News from the homefront.





































Hello.... All is well with Andi! Basically I've been working, riding, working on house, and hanging out with Justin. Work is the same. It has been really slow lately. Today we ran out of orders to ship around lunch time. It was pretty boring. Everyone was looking for work to do. The horses are doing well. I have been riding Remi a lot away from the barrels. I've hauled her around to some team ropings with Justin & have been working on her basics again. She is doing great, as always. Sunday afternoon I seen that Miss Maddi & Digger girl were out in the arena with the barrels. I rode over to make sure things were going okay with them. I suggested that I help her so that she would know how to "train" her correctly. She responded with "what is hard about kicking and pulling?" WOW here we go! She did actually listen though and worked Digger the correct way. I need to encourage the CORRECT method so that it won't be TOO hard to fix Digger. Digger is very well broke though and very flexable. I will try to get a video of them soon. I loped Remi through a couple times. She listens to me so well that I really need to pay attention to what I do with her on the pattern. I felt horrible because on one run I checked her a little early on the third and she ran over the barrel. I plan on hauling her to the barrel race in Lipan tomorrow. Hopefully we can get there in time to exhibiton. I need to actually make a run on her during exhibitions one day to see how she works/clocks. I know that she is ready.. but for some reason I'm not. I talk about doing it then I lope in there. Sloan is doing great and starting to look better. He is going to be a pretty boy when I get him where I want him. Justin and I brushed a lot of hair out of him the other day. He is smart and takes to new things really well. I have just been tying him up a lot, leading him, & swinging the leadrope over him. Pistol has been getting on my nerves lately. He won't stop chasing the cows and steers. I am working on borrowing a shock collar for him. Paco is great, but it would be AMAZING if I could get him potty trained. He has really calmed down a lot and is starting to mature finally. Justin left today for New Mexico. He will not be back until next Tuesday. They are working at the PBR. I plan on cleaning some things up around the house this week. My roommate moved out and there is a lot to clean up around there. Justin helps out so much. Last week he mowed the yard for me and raked the leaves.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Sloan is really cute.
He is goin to be so nice!!!!