Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wow... I love this mare.

Remi @ Lone Star (Feb 17, 2009)

Add Video

This is Remi's first exhibtion with a little speed. There are a lot of pilot errors. The good thing that I learned is that she still pays attention to me at this pace. I am really proud of her and how well she is doing. It will be a lot better when her "Mom" learns how to ride her! I know that she did everything right and everything that went wrong was MY fault. She ran a 18.6 on the exhibition pattern which is a 17.6 on the standard Lone Star pattern.

I am going to put her video from tonight on here later. It is so much better. I actually RODE her and HELPED her. She's amazing and has such a good mind about everything. Tonight we tracked steers out of the heading box while the guys were roping. She had a good time doing that and really watched the steers.

Remi @ House 2-18-09

Everything else is going so well. Maddi has been riding "Digger" everyday. I have some pictures that I need to put on here of them. Maddi is so funny. This is her first project horse. We have been working on how to saddle, etc. Well the other day she saddled on her own before I got over to my parents. I didn't check her saddle because I figured Dad did. Well I was wrong, while she was riding the saddle slid and she fell off. She handled it so well by laughing and getting back on.

I wish this video would hurry up and load because I need to run up to the interstate to pick up Justins truck. He had to leave this morning to go to San Angelo to work at the rodeo. We are doing good... and have been spending a lot more quality time together. Work is pretty much work. Nothing real exciting. Oh by the way I work at Equibrand (Classic Rope, Classic Equine, Martin Saddlery, Cashel) in Granbury. Right now I am in the equine room packing and shipping tack.

No comments: