Friday, September 25, 2009

Meet Kat







"Kat" is a 10 year old gelding that I am looking into buying. It started out an idea I had to borrow a horse from a friend while she is pregnant. She is due to have a baby in November and I didn't think he would be getting much attention. I asked a few people about him before I made my decision. Kat has a reputation of being a kind hearted babysitter. My friend bought him a few years ago and he was "loping the barrel pattern." Since then, she hasn't put much time into him. He had seven outs on the track and taken slowly after that. I decided I would give him a honest shot at the barrels. I have had to work on some health issues (kidney & liver soreness, ulcers, feet) and I still need to take him to chiropractor & equine dentist. I have only ridden him 3-4 times since I've had him. I think he is almost ready to start riding again. He is so kind and honest. I am excited to see what he will do when he is healthy. Kat was in a small pen with no where to exercise. I have had him turned out on green pastures hoping that he will remember what it is like to be a horse. I am glad that I have him and that he is living life again. I hope that he works out okay so that I can keep him.
Check out his pedigree at www.allbreedpedigree.com/inspiring+jazz