Friday, July 3, 2009

Ok, I've been a lazy blogger..




The Gang
Digger

Pistol and I
Justin and Andi


...and I decided I had better write a blog because Jill is becoming really good at it. All is really good in Stephenville. I have been riding my horses a little bit and working a lot. I took Remi to a Joyce Loomis-Kernack clinic a few weeks ago in Boyd, Tx. That was the first barrel horse clinic that I've ever attended and I really enjoyed it. I learned a ton. I know now where I am at with Remi and what I need to do to get her going back in the right direction. I also figured out where I am making mistakes and how to fix them. Joyce was awesome and really easy to learn from. She has been really good about keeping up with our progress. I let her have a break after the clinic because everyone was out of town. Justin didn't feel safe with me riding while everyone was gone. I rode her last night for the first time in two weeks. She was a little fresh, but pretty much the same ol' Remi. I disked/drug the cutting pen that is at my parents. I am converting it into a work area for my filles. I am in the process of making some poles and Dad is bringing me a bunch of cones from work. One of the things I have to work on with Remi is keeping her in a perfect circle.



On a different note, Justin and I are doing great. He was gone for a few weeks working. We are leaving Wednesday to go to Ruidoso for a few days. It will be a fun trip I am sure. I bought him (ME) a new chihuahua a few weeks ago. Her name is Percy and she is a doll. She weighed 1.5lbs at her first check up. I haven't re-weighed her yet, but I bet she is around 2lbs
Anywho. I am about to go ride. I will try to post on here more now that my computer is up and running. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth!!! I want to take time and thank all of those who have served and are serving our country!

1 comment: